Teenage Outdoor Adventures
|Tutors: Mr Paul Webb|
|Weeks: 1, 2, 3 and 4|
Outdoor Adventures returns in 2018 with all your favourite activities, plus some exciting challenges involving a manmade cave system that's over 379 feet long! You will also have the chance to participate in water sports such as kayaking and raft building, conquer the legendary Swamp and test your strength on the indoor climbing wall. The week culminates with the Pegasus Challenge, which incorporates aspects of all the above activities. This course will take place within the extensive Marlborough College grounds and will be supervised by qualified and experienced instructors, ensuring maximum enjoyment and safety at all times. No experience is necessary for this course. However, a positive attitude and a willingness to get involved will increase the fun and enjoyment.
Challenge yourself through the manmade Cave System of over 379 feet long. Also for just the teenagers, Sit on Top Kayaks with Raft Building, The Legendary Swamp with some new elements and Climbing in the College's indoor Climbing Wall.
The last day will incorporate pieces of the above activities, culminating in The Pegasus Challenge. All activities will be provided within the extensive college grounds and are supervised by qualified and experienced instructors, ensuring maximum enjoyment and safety. No experience necessary, however a positive attitude to get involved will increase the fun and enjoyment.
- Cave System - over 379 feet of a manmade cave system in a bus & an Inflatable Assault Course
- Water sports day, Sit up Top Kayaks & Raft Building on the Trout Ponds
- Climbing on the college's Indoor Climbing Wall
- The Swamp Challenge - a series of challenges through a muddy & wet swamp
- The Pegasus Race - A culmination of the weeks activities competing against the other teams
What to Wear:
- Lose fitting clothes (not jeans/cords) that you don't mind getting wet or muddy,
- Sturdy footwear (not sandals) that you don't mind getting wet or muddy
What to bring each day:
- A drinks bottle with water
- Spare Top (Fleece or Sweatshirt)
- Spare Bottoms (Tracksuit Pants)
- Spare underwear and socks
- Old Trainers/footwear
If you own a wetsuit and wetsuit boots please bring them.
WE PROVIDE ALL SAFETY EQUIPMENT