Stay Alive Survival
|Tutors: Ed Plank|
|Weeks: 2 and 4|
What would you do if things went wrong and you found yourself in a survival situation? Would you know how to locate your next meal, cook it, keep warm or find a dry place to sleep? Learn how to deal with emergency situations using whatever comes to hand and how to survive getting lost or stranded in the wilderness with only what you might have in your pockets. You will discover how to improvise shelter, make and manage fire, methods of catching and cooking game, how to cross rivers and use Bushcraft tools such as an axe, knife and saw safely.
On this course you will learn:
- How to improvise shelter
- How to make and manage fire
- How to harvest and clean water
- How to track and catch game and how to prepare meats for cooking.
- How to navigate using nature
- How to safely cross rivers
- How to safely use bush craft tools; axe, knife and saw.
- Basic improvised field First Aid
What would you do if things went wrong and you found yourself in a survival situation? Would you know how to locate your next meal, cook it, keep warm, or find a dry place to sleep at night? Learn how to deal with an emergency situation using whatever comes to hand, learn how to survive getting lost or stranded in the wilderness with only what you might have in your pockets and thrive when stripped of all the comforts of modern life.
What to Bring:
This course will take place outside, whatever the weather, please bring the following;
- Old and hardwearing clothing (clothing that you will not mind becoming dirty and smoky)
- A dry change of clothes to change into (we will be getting in the river)
- Strong outdoor footwear (no open toed sandals or flip flops please)
The tutor will provide all specialist equipment required on the course.
Please note that this course is held at Marlborough College grounds.